Monday, October 5, 2009

Here goes...

It is a sad coincidence that I am starting my own little blog on the day that one of my biggest inspirations sees its end. Gourmet magazine has followed me to all my various mailboxes since my aunt and uncle gifted me with my first subscription 6 years ago. Especially since I had the good luck to meet my hero Ruth Reichl last week (please excuse my showing off here) I am disappointed to see this 70 year old institution laid to rest. More than that, I will miss rushing for the mail each month and reading it cover to cover.

Now enough of the eulogizing! I'm a avid reader of other blogs such as Orangette, Cannelle et Vanille, Lemon Pi, and others. I am still getting acclimated here in the Northwest and hoping my fevered resume distribution results in employment. Most of my friends and family are 3 hours difference and 3500 miles away. So here I am, starting a blog to chronicle my exploits in the kitchen. Here is the beginning of my adventures in food and drink in my new home. I hope my ramblings and recipes will prove interesting to a few of you out there. Please bear with my shoddy photography as I get the hang of it. Welcome to Pearl Sugar, both a baker's decoration and a play on my name. Recipes to follow soon, and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go sis :)
    you just got yourself a new follower in Italy. Let's see if I can find all the ingredients over here.
    Good luck settling in!!

    Manuel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi big brother!
    Thanks for checking it out :) I hope all is well in Italia and my love to you and V. !

    ReplyDelete