Friday, January 1, 2010

We now return to our regularly schduled programming


Happy New Year 2010! I am back after a bit of a crazy stretch of holiday work. Thank you for not giving up on me and coming back to read! I have a lot of projects I would like to blog in the coming months and I promise not to stay away so long again. For today, I have a very old favorite to share. This recipe is about as far from elegant as you can get, in no way made from scratch, and embarrassingly easy- but I have yet to meet a person who is not crazy about them. They are good on any occasion. College-era exploits have proven them excellent when enjoying a very late night or when recovering from one the following day. They are convenience cooking at it's most basic level, yet I am constantly asked for the recipe. These chocolate and peanut butter calorie bombs have become an unlikely tradition among my friends, who dubbed them with their present name. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... the Yummy Bars.


Yummy Bars

1 9x13 pan brownies (I use a mix for this. You should too.)

1 bag mini marshmallows

2 T. butter

12 oz semi-sweet chocolate

1 c. peanut butter

2 c. rice krispies cereal


Bake brownies as directed. When brownies have finished baking, cover the top with a generous layer of marshmallows. Return to oven 3 minutes or until marshmallows have begun to melt. Remove from oven and allow to cool. When brownies are cool, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate and peanut butter and melt, stirring, until mixture is homogeneous. Stir in rice krispies. Spread the chocolate mixture over marshmallow layer. Set yummy bars in refrigerator. Cut into squares to serve.

4 comments:

  1. Missed you last night.

    F-ing loved these, though.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are sheer indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete